Thursday, July 22, 2010

Conversations at our house

Last night we were discussing what we should do before summer is over.

Me:  I should take you to the art museum.

Blake:  No!

Me:  Oh, you'd like it.  The paintings are really neat!

Blake:  I'm sure the paintings are (air quotes) neat but I hate art.

Did my child just do air quotes?!!  He was slightly more interested when we told him that one of the artist's cut off his ear.  I am not usually one to go to an art museum either but my daughter likes art so I'm trying to be supportive.


Speaking of supportive, my husband gets an award for being the best husband ever.  After a long day at work, he came home to me still on the couch.

Me:  Sorry, I haven't gone to the grocery store or made dinner . . . or done anything really.

Him:  That's ok, Baby.

Me:  I should probably try to get up and be useful.

Him:  No, I think you should relax and watch TV.  I'll go running and then make dinner.

Me:  Now I'm really glad I married you!!  I was starting to question the sanity of that decision when our son was climbing the walls like Spiderman and hopping around the house on the furniture obstacle course he made.  Because that kind of craziness did not come from me and I was thinking I should have asked more questions before I married you.  But now, I am reminded that you are AWESOME!!

Him:  (laughing)  Good thing you married me before you found out how crazy I am.

Me:  Besides, I actually have been working hard all day long . . . growing our baby.

Him:  See, that is hard work!  You work way harder than me!

We amuse ourselves with our silly reasoning and jokes.  This is a typical conversation in our house.  Which will probably cost us years of therapy for our children . . . or their future spouses that will have to put up with this type of communication.

1 comment:

  1. So cute, Tammy! I'm praying for you, dear friend, and for that little growing bundle. :) -K

    ReplyDelete