Monday, October 11, 2010

Been a while

It's been a while since I've posted anything.  First I wasn't feeling well because I was in the first trimester.  Then I was feeling better and we've been busy having fun.  I'm now 20 weeks pregnant and feeling great.

Our sweet kiddos continue to bring a lot of joy and laughter to our home.

Tara cleaned off the hutch the other day, which is a perfect dumping ground for everything under the sun.  Since then she has been hard core about nothing going on the hutch.  I set my bible study book there a few days ago and she picked it up and brought it to me.
Her: "Mom, I found this on the hutch."
Me:  "I know, Baby, I put it there to remind me to do my homework so put it back there please."
Her:  (In a respectful yet decisive tone) "No.  Nothing goes on the hutch."

I had to laugh.  She was protecting her hard work.  It's like me, after the kitchen is spotless, telling everyone they can't eat for a while.  So now, it has become a family joke.  Blake and I sneak a rubber band or something on the hutch to see how long it will take for Tara to gasp in horror.  It's quite funny . . . and yes, the hutch is still clean.  I'm scared to set anything on it even when she isn't home. :)

We got to go to California a few weeks ago.  We visited with Tim's sister and family and then our husbands ran a marathon together while we corralled the kids.  It was a great trip, but went by too quickly.  Tim has now officially done 10 marathons.
Our family at the Bixby bridge in Big Sur after the marathon.  Sept 25, 2010

Tim finishing #10

The whole gang (us and Tim's sister and family: Robin, Daniel, Tres, and Emrie)

Tim and Blake strike a pose.

Tara explores the coastline

Tim and Daniel at the start of the race.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tammy for sharing more of your lives! We love you! Tara is absolutely beautiful. Wow, what an amazing person she has become! Thanks for the stories today! Puts so many things in perspective! (But it's okay to get your toes done once in a while!!!!!) Great job parenting and loving your littles! love you!

    ReplyDelete