Ugh. That's how I feel today. I love the spring with all it's promise of new life. The bulbs popping through the newly thawed ground and the bright green leaves poking through the blossoms. It's magic is is not? God's magic. Our creator is an amazing artist. How can anyone feel "ugh" at a time like this? Well, spring storms in the midwest combined with a back full of metal and arthritis. That's how. My pain level is directly influenced by the barometer, humidity levels, and altitude. I live where it is flat and humid. That pretty much puts the barometer in charge.
I started complaining to God that these bad pain days are such a waste. Lord, I could do so much for you if you would heal me. Oh and I will tell everyone, I'll shout it from the rooftops, if you will take away my pain. I will declare what a wonderful God you are!!
And God whispers back, "What will you say if I don't?"
Well, well, . . . I stumble. I have been in constant pain for 6 1/2 years. My doctors say it will probably only get worse. I will be in pain the rest of my life. After much thought and many tears, I have found an answer to God's question. I will tell them that you are mighty and wonderful. I will shout from the rooftops that you are my God! You have never left me. You have cried with me. All those sleepless nights when pain meds and all the world had to offer could not help me . . . I found comfort in you. You are holy. You are my comfort. You are my healer. I know you will heal me . . . physical healing may have to wait until heaven but you have brought me peace that truly passes all understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love you... you are the strongest woman I know. Thank you for opening my eyes to a whole new perspective on suffering. I'm sorry it was a rough night for you. I'll be praying that you get some rest and relief.
ReplyDeleteTammy, your blog brought me to tears. It was so real and genuine yet so raw and painful. I hate that you hurt! You know the struggles that I face as well since we've talked about them privately. You are such an example to me of how to focus on God through it all. I and my family pray for you often that God will miraculously heal you so that not only may you get better but that He may be given the glory! I love you and miss you! I've got to come visit sometime!!! :)
ReplyDelete