Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wishing flowers


As we were driving yesterday, I noticed a yard full of dandelions.  They need to spray those.  They look terrible.  I thought to myself.  Which is highly embarrassing to admit because, if you only saw my yard, you would know that weeds are only one of our many yard issues.  But there it was.  That judgement coming out of me.  What does the Bible say about not trying to get the speck out of your friend's eye before you take the plank out of your own?  This was exactly that issue.  The sad part is that I did not even realize that I was in the wrong until a still small voice spoke to me.  Actually it wasn't God this time.  My son was in the backseat.  Just as I was being the judge and jury to this unsuspecting green carpet, I heard this:

Oh Mama!  Look at all the beautiful wishing flowers!


Doh!  I called them weeds and wanted them gone.  He called them wishing flowers and relished their presence.  Another lesson taught by the child to the parent.  Point taken.  May we all see wishing flowers today!

These are in my yard, by the way.  Wonder what we should wish for . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment